Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dogs creatinine is 3.4 with elevated BUN and alk phos. He

Customer Question

My dogs creatinine is 3.4 with elevated BUN and alk phos. He has lost weight and now has decreased appetite but no vomiting. What is his probable life expectancy now?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to hear of this with Milo. To answer your question more accurately, I need to review all of his blood test results plus a urinalysis. Can you upload a copy of his test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy of the results at home but his vet should be able to give you one which you could scan into your computer and give me the link or you can photograph the page(s) and upload the images by using the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see such an icon) or by using an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Milo. How is everything going?