Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  I have owned, bred and shown dogs for over 40 years.
60411192

My dog found a bottle of Motrin and brought it down the

Customer Question

My dog found a bottle of Motrin and brought it down the stairs. I saw her chewing on 1 and tried to pick up the rest. I found 57 of an 80 pill bottle which is consistent to how many I would have taken. She seems fine now but I know how toxic even 1 pill could be. Can I wait to see if she develops symptoms or do I need her to see a vet now?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help you today.

I'm sorry for this concern for Zoey. While we don't typically recommend that this drug be given to dogs because of the potential for kidney and liver issues, it doesn't necessarily have to be toxic, depending on the dose. So, let me ask you a few questions first if you don't mind:

1. How much does Zoey weigh?

2. What milligram size are the pills?

3. And, just to confirm, you think she might have only been chewing or ingested one of the tablets, correct?

4. How long ago was this (minutes, hours)?

There may be a slight delay after I receive your answers since I have to type up a response to you. Thanks for your patience.Deb

Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 year ago.
Hi Brooke,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Zoey. How is everything going?
Dr. Deb