Ann M.
Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

My dogs tummy sounds full of water when I press in certain

Customer Question

My dogs tummy sounds full of water when I press in certain spots it will make a suction/gushy noise from the fluid moving around. She is constantly straining when trying to go potty and doesn't produce hardly anything. She's acting different lathargic and not listening or barking and chasing birds like she use too. I gave her an enema 2 months ago and used a lot of water because I thought there was no limit on how much. She won't eat much and her stomache has got harder and harder since the enema. Her stool drys out very fast compared to my other dogs. I've had her glands checked. Please help me I love my little girl and just want to see her back to herself
Category: Dog
Expert:  Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

This sounds concerning. I would be concerned about a possible tiny rupture in the intestines with the enema that has been walled-off, and the body fighting off the infection since. I would see your vet for an x-ray of the abdomen, followed by a possible ultrasound if there is fluid in the abdomen. I would really not wait on this, because this is a young dog and this could be quite serious. I would go and get the xray and tell them exactly what you told me, especially about the enema.

Expert:  Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Best of luck.

Expert:  Ann M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Cody,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Xena. How is everything going?
Ann M.