petdrz.
petdrz., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in caring for dogs and cats.
21300550

Have a Scottish terrier and Benadryl does not work. She

Customer Question

Have a Scottish terrier and Benadryl does not work. She scratches so much that the fur is falling off and she also keeps biting her feet. Is that something better than Benadryl?
Category: Dog
Expert:  petdrz. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and Annabelle today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you.

Is this a year round problem or does it seem to be a seasonal one that is worse at different times of the year?

Has your vet done any sort of testing of the affected skin? Skin scraping for mites? Skin cytology to look for yeast or bacteria overgrowth?

Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.

Expert:  petdrz. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Susan Workman,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Annabelle. How is everything going?
Dr. Z.