Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

Mine dog too..."My dog has blood around its anus. There is

Customer Question

Mine dog too..."My dog has blood around its anus. There is no sign of blood in her feces. She is eating well and is energetic."
Bleeding for sure from anus (have photos).
Q: Does the bleeding mean the sacs are being emptied
Or
does the bleeding mean there has been a rupture and
antibiotics are needed?
Thank you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about your Mastiff. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. It appears your requested expert is not online now, so your question was opened to all experts. How long ha she had blood from her anus?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

If the blood is coming from inside her anus, it could be coming from an anal gland or from the colon. The only way I could tell would be to put on a glove and feel the anal glands and the colon, to tell where the blood is coming from. If it is from one of the anal glands, she might need antibiotics. If from the colon, she may have colitis, inflammation of the colon, and then a bland diet, probiotics, and possibly prescription medications might help.