Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

Noticed that my english bulldog's cheeks are swollen this

Customer Question

Noticed that my english bulldog's cheeks are swollen this morning. She seems to be breathing ok but both side of her fleshy cheeks are hard and swollen. Any suggestions as to what to do and what might be the cause? An allergic reaction - but nothing has changed in her diet or normal daily activities.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see now that my dog vomited this morning also. She just had a bowel movement a short time ago and it appeared normal consistency and color.
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

hello , if you feel it is an allergic reaction you can give benadryl and I will direct you to a site for dosing on this. If the Benadryl doe not help or you notice difficulty with breathing she should see an ER vet. Even when a Vet office is closed there is usually someone on call that they will direct you to.

Benadryl usually comes in 25 or 50 mg tablets so be sure to get what is right for her body weight and do not get the allergy/sinus, just plain Benadryl

http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/over-the-counter/diphenhydramine-benadryl