Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dog has severe allergies right now and was on temaril bit

Customer Question

My dog has severe allergies right now and was on temaril bit he hurt hos leg so I had to stop that and put him on previcox for 10 days. His allergies are awful. Hos skin is bright red and hair is coming out so I need to start him back on the temaril. His last dose of previcox was almost 48 hours ago. Can I start the temaril
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

Yes, a 48 hour wash out period following the last Previcox dose is appropriate when initiating the prednisolone in the Temaril-P. You mustn't administer Previcox and Temaril-P concurrently, however. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.