petdrz.
petdrz., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in caring for dogs and cats.
21300550

My dog drank a little windex. my daughter put on ants and

Customer Question

my dog drank a little windex. my daughter put on ants and left only to see that he had drank some. Not much though
Category: Dog
Expert:  petdrz. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response. I recently just logged onto the site and noted that your question hasn't yet been answered. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years’ experience and would be happy work with you if you are still needing assistance.

There are various things in Windex that can be toxic including ethylene glycol ethers, ammonia and alcohol, but they would have to be ingested on larger quantities for that to happen. Even in a smaller size dog, the amount ingested in a few licks would not be expected to lead to toxicity and may, is anything, only cause a mild GI upset.

It is good that you made him drink and rinsed his mouth out. I would not expect to see any problems, but if he shows any GI irritation symptoms (vomiting, anorexia, diarrhea) I would have him examined by a veterinarian.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.

Dr Z