Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

My dog has bad diarrhoea and it has blood in it and it then

Customer Question

my dog has bad diarrhoea and it has blood in it and it then drips from her bottom . the vet has today given her koagel and ranitidine . she is fine in herself but I'm worried because she is a tiny toy yorkie
.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet Tech for 30+ years with interest in Canine health. The Vet gave something to soothe when he gave the Ranitidine which is Zantac. The Kaogel is a liquid treatment for diarrhea of non-specific origin. This would be 1 part skinless boneless chicken breast to 3 parts white rice. This should help. I would also give your ittle one 50/50 pedialyte which is an infant electrolyte replacer to help with fluid and blood loss. Tomorrow you can give her 1/4 of a Pepcid A/c which will also help with the stomach. If this continues, please do not hesitate to follow up with your Vet. Please let me know if you need further information by hitting Reply. If I have addressed your concern, please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars positive.

Joan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I get the stuff in the UK or are you talking America with this medication
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

The Pepcid AC can be purchased in the UK over the counter. The other Medications are what your Vet has already given. The Pedialyte which is an electrolyte replacer is also know as Dioralyte used for sick infants. You can dilute 50/50 with water. The bland diet should be given in small amounts through out the day. You can even add some Pure Canned Pumpkin to the bland diet to aid with stopping the diarrhea. It is very good to settle the stomach and help with loose stools.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

How did your little dog do today? Is she doing any better?

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

How is your dog doing? I wanted to check in and see if you found my information helpful.

Joan