Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

I got a female pit that has a blackish spot on her area, it

Customer Question

I got a female pit bull that has a blackish spot on her pussy area, it is on the outer layer of her skin. She hasn't been fixed and I just noticed this spot on her. Is there any way to add a picture here on this site so you can see it?? Please help as soon as possible, thanks.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.

Sure, you can upload a photo using the paperclip icon ...

Load it up and I will check it out and get back to you.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I just added the picture.

Hello again and thanks for the photo, very clear and detailed.

I have worked out an answer for you below ...

1. This just looks like a change in skin pigment of some kind and this is something which is frequently seen in dogs, it can often be noticed in the mouth and lips area and sometimes and also in the area Gina is affected. If this is the diagnosis then there is nothing to worry about a sit is a benign condition, but why these things occur is not really known.

2. A common sense way to handle this would be just to observe the lesion but have your vet check it out at your next regular consult such as vaccinations etc. to confirm the diagnosis. In the meantime if it does not change in texture or grow in any way then it is most likely just a change in skin pigment, but if it is changing in any way or appreciably getting bigger then it should be checked over much sooner.

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott.
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your response Dr.Scott,I would like to discuss this a bit further because I just spoke with my brother and he told me that he noticed the spot a while ago and the spot has grown since the last time he noticed it.

Hello again,

Having seen the photo I am not too concerned in fact I doubt if this is anything to worry about, but if there is any question about rapid growth then the safest thing to do is to have your vet take a look sooner rather than later.

Regards,

Dr Scott.

Hi Erick,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Gia. How is everything going?