Ann M.
Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

A neighbor has a 7 year old med. size French Poodle. He has

Customer Question

A neighbor has a 7 year old med. size French Poodle. He has been treated since April for what they are now calling 'marked ulcerative necrotizing fibrinasuppurative plasmactc'. He initially had about 4 weeks of daily oral antibiotics which didn't seem to help. Then he had another set of treatmens with a different oral antibiotics and it worked for a while. It came back, the vet did a biopsy and I assume that's where he got the diagnosis' name. Anyway, he's back on another set of oral antibiotics and the vet has said there is no guarantee of a cure. My neighbor is not only very worried about her pet, but she's old and only has SS. She has already spent over $1,000 since April. Can u recommend something else...a different vet, or something? Thank you so much. Garry Crowe
Category: Dog
Expert:  Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

Can you confirm the name of the condition- you used a word "plasmactc" that is not a word. Can you see the correct spelling of the word for me, please?