Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My American Water Spaniel just ate a Lyrica 150 mg pill I

Customer Question

My American Water Spaniel just ate a Lyrica 150 mg pill I drooped on the floor
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and welcome.

My name is***** I am an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon and I will be very pleased to work with you today and will try my best to answer your question to your satisfaction.

If this happened within the last hour what you should do is to make your dog sick at once and try to recover the Lyrica capsule that way, for the sake of speed I will give you a link on how to do this : LINK

However reports suggest that lyrica ingestion seems to be fairly safe in dogs. Where reported toxic side effects included : Incoordination, high heart rate, high respiratory rate and whining, in most cases these symptoms will only last for eight to six hours and the dog will then gradually return to normal. But as far as I can find there have been no reported deaths.

However you should monitor your dog for any strange symptoms and contact an emergency vet at once if any of these occur.

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your Water spaniel is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the Lyrica.

How are things going?

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you { Using the site rating system }, such feedback really helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?