Christian K.
Christian K., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of veterinary experience in canine surgery, medicine and behavior
15186300

My 11 year old female wheaten terrier had normal thyroid and

Customer Question

my 11 year old female wheaten terrier had normal thyroid and kidney tests but 1361 level for alkaline phosphatease. The vet wants to do an ultrasound. The dog has started needing to pee more frequently and drinking more, but it is 98 degrees outside. I am not sure what to do. The vet says there are no signs of Cushings but she may have a liver condition that can lead to tumors and surgery to remove part of the liver. I would never do that to an 11 year old dog! She is otherwise very happy.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Christian K. replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. Christian. I'd like to help. Has she had any vomiting, diarrhea or weight loss?