Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

My dog was attacked by another animal on her front left leg.

Customer Question

My dog was attacked by another animal on her front left leg. She is unable to place any weight on the leg and with her being an English bulldog she is completely unable to balance on three legs. Is there a type of harness or should I just allow her to move as she sees fit. I ask because of taking her out to potty. She is struggling to stand but I fear she may hurt herself. She has already been to the vet and prescribed pain killers and antibiotics but the said nothing about this.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. The original expert you asked for is not online. My name is ***** ***** I have been working with dogs for 25 years.

There are harnesses to help dogs walk (they are expensive) or you can cut an old beach towel to an appropriate size for her and use that to help her walk or to keep balance. You can also take a fabric grocery/beach bag and cut that on each side so that it makes a sack where the two handles are on either side of the sack for you to hold.

Below are harnesses to help lift handicap dogs

http://www.handicappedpets.com/front-harness-to-help-dogs-and-cats-walk

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome. I hope things improve for your girl soon:)

Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Caroline Partee. How is everything going?
Sally G.