Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

We have woke this morning and our chihuahua face is slightly

Customer Question

Hi we have woke this morning and our chihuahua face is slightly swollen, she's happy in herself, she had some pepperoni last night about 3 pieces she is scratching a vomited once through the night but nothing since.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you. What you are seeing is either a tooth root abscess or an allergic reaction. If it is an allergic reaction then benedryl will help reduce the swelling within a few hours. I don't know how much your little dog weighs but the dose for benedryl is 1mg per pound twice daily. So for example if your dog weighs 6 pounds then they could have 6 mg of benedryl (which would be 1/4 of a 25 mg tablet). Or if your dog is 12 pounds then they would get 1/2 of a 25 mg tablet. Give this twice daily. If this does not solve your problem then you will have to see a vet as your little dog may have a tooth root abscess and this can be very dangerous and painful. The bacteria can get into the heart liver and kidneys. Hope this helps you. Most Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need any further help. IF you are happy with my service please accept my answer. Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Minnie. How is everything going?
Dr B