Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

My yorkie has had a sudden onset of blood in urine and

Customer Question

My yorkie has had a sudden onset of blood in urine and frequent urination. I did find a paper towel chewed on that had window cleaner on it
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.

Hello there. I am sorry to hear about Roxie and her bladder issues. I am happy to help you this evening. If she chewed on a paper towel with window cleaner on it this should not affect her urinary bladder such as this. More than likely she is suffering from urinary tract infection that has caused irritation in her bladder. This will result in blood and frequent urination like this. What happens is the body only able to compensate for so long then she suddenly will display signs of a urinary tract infection like you are seeing. I recommend having her seen tomorrow for this. it is best to have her examined by your vet. They will look at her urine and see if there is an infection and make sure nothing else is going on. Hopefully it is just a urinary tract infection and a course of antibiotics will help clear this right up.. I would not wait longer than tomorrow to have her seen as this can progress quickly and is painful and uncomfortable for Roxie.

I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!