petdrz.
petdrz., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in caring for dogs and cats.
21300550

Dog with crusty chin and faw, my vet give m shots antibiotic

Customer Question

Dog with crusty chin and faw , my vet give him shots antibiotic pill even try out the new med call Apoquel . I clean the dog 2 a day, still not improve
Category: Dog
Expert:  Candy replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am sorry to hear that Lucky is having some trouble. My name is ***** ***** I have been a veterinary nurse for 26 years. I would be happy to help I just have a few questions so I can better assist you.

How long has this been going on?

Is it only the chin and one paw that is the problem?

What testing has your vet done on the areas?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has been going on about a year, the vet told me he has allergies, he gave Lucky some kind of shot and some medication like .Simplicef 100mg, Apoquel 3.6mg and Gentocin topical spray 60mg , beside i have to clean the infect area 2 a day, the medications do help a little , but as soon as run out ,the infection get worse, it get very dry and crusty. Can I call you and what time is good to call . Thanks for your help
Expert:  petdrz. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response, but it appears that the expert that you were initially working with is not available. I recently just logged onto the site and noted that your question hasn't yet been answered. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years’ experience and would be happy work with you if you are still needing assistance.

If so, could you kindly reply to the second and third question that she inquired about as it will help me to get a better idea on how to respond.

Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.