Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

I think my dog swallowed a small piece of glass what to do

Customer Question

Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.

Hello there. I am sorry to hear about your guy possibly swallowing a small piece of glass. I am happy to help you. If it is a pretty small piece of glass then there is a good chance that it will pass without much of a problem. You can feed some food or even white bread to help cushion the glass and protect as it moves through the digestive tract. If it was a larger piece then he should be taken to an emergency hospital to have an x ray done to see if the glass was actually swallowed and then they can discuss the best way to remove the glass. But again a small piece will pass without much of a problem.

I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. I am happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!

Hi Phyllis,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Whitehead