Candy
Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer
23185754

My dog who's Border Collie Smaller dog mix, about 38 pounds

Customer Question

My dog who's Border Collie Smaller dog mix, about 38 pounds a healthy 11 years old aprox(rescued) he has a raised circle cut/sore. Doesn't seem to hurt but just curious. He had a muzzle on for a hair cut thursday so maybe that was it? Idk.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Candy replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I have been a veterinary nurse for 26 years. I would be happy to help.

We see these types of circular wound from time to time when a dog has been wearing a muzzle. This is most often due to them trying to get the muzzle off and scratching themselves. It could also have been due to the muzzle itself.

As long as it does not look infected and he does not seem bothered what you can do is just clean the area twice daily with antibacterial soap and apply Neosporine.

If the wound gets worse, develops a discharge, looks infected or starts to bother him then I would have him seen by the vet. In most cases a little at home care will clear this up.

I hope this helps and he does ok. Please reply back if you have additional questions and I will be happy to continue. If you have no additional questions please take a few moments to provide a rating so justanswer is notified that I have addressed your question.

Candy