Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

Just wondering if I can wait until morning to take my dog to

Customer Question

just wondering if I can wait until morning to take my dog to the vet. he is lethargic but still drinking.he is a 4 year old german shepherd. he seems feverish and is not wanting to get up
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.

Hello there. I am sorry to hear about Lug not feeling well this evening. I am happy to help. I am concerned that he is not wanting to get up and is lethargic and feverish. I would not recommend waiting until morning. Just because the fact he has to sit all night not feeling well and this is time that he could be receiving treatment and starting to be on his way to being better. So i would have him seen tonight just to be safe. Since he is not getting up and lethargic you want to make sure it is not something more serious because if you wait until morning and you miss that many hours it is possible things could get worse and to a point that treatment is much harder and he is much sicker. So having him seen tonight is strongly recommended.

I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!

I hope Lug is doing well. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. I am happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!