petdrz.
petdrz., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in caring for dogs and cats.
21300550

Ariel will be 3 in October and starts with obvious seizures

Customer Question

Ariel will be 3 in October and starts with obvious seizures in the last year. We alwAys thought she just could not back down the adrenaline. Because she is afraid of wierd things, somewhat agressive and has wierd body movements trainers just told us the adrenalin theory. Now it seems she has small and large seizures. I am shopping for a new vet to answer this. She is currently on triflexis
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is high energy, somewhat freaky personality. The breeder refused to give me her papers after we got her and they refuse to answer my calls, etc. The minute we had issues. I thought the issue was ortho, as she would limp sometimes, and she frequently acts like she is going to scratch herself, but the back leg just hangs in the air doing nothing. Her big seizures are whole body elasticity, eyes go pure black and whites show
Expert:  petdrz. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response. I recently just logged onto the site and noted that your question hasn't yet been answered. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years’ experience and would be happy work with you if you are still needing assistance.

It definitely sounds like seizures that you are describing, and she is of the correct age for epilepsy to develop, but the fact that they sound like they are progressing in severity and possibly frequency suggests that she should have a seizure work up. In cases of epilepsy all test results will be normal as there is not a specific test for it, but the screening of the other vital organs is important to rule out other causes. A neurologic evaluation can also indicate if some of the other changes you have noted are involved also or may help to localize a lesion involving the brain. When epilepsy is diagnosed, treatment to control the seizures is indicated if they are occurring more than twice a month.

Seeking a veterinarian to help you is an excellent idea and hopefully they can get her on a medication program to limit her seizure activity. Here is a link with more information about diagnosing and treating seizures in dogs.

LINK HERE

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.

Dr Z