Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

I think my dog may have ingested a small amount of ammonium

Customer Question

I think my dog may have ingested a small amount of ammonium sulfate fertilizer. He's a 65 pound, 1 year old lab puppy.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.
This can be very toxic to your dog but if the amount was small, your dogs size may be helpful. I would strongly recommend that you have your vet check your guy to be sure since it has a high level of toxicity including serious heart issues as well as digestive issues.
http://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/poison/fertilizers/
Check closely to see how much, if any, your guy ingested...hopefully, there will not be any problems but this LINK I gave you will tell you what to look for.
Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta