How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Loretta Your Own Question
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 28118
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Dr. Loretta is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I think my dog may have ingested a small amount of ammonium

Customer Question

I think my dog may have ingested a small amount of ammonium sulfate fertilizer. He's a 65 pound, 1 year old lab puppy.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.
This can be very toxic to your dog but if the amount was small, your dogs size may be helpful. I would strongly recommend that you have your vet check your guy to be sure since it has a high level of toxicity including serious heart issues as well as digestive issues.
http://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/poison/fertilizers/
Check closely to see how much, if any, your guy ingested...hopefully, there will not be any problems but this LINK I gave you will tell you what to look for.
Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Hi,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta