Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Puppy Quivers, Shakes, Yelps And Cant Move.

Customer Question

I adopted a puppy from a local shelter but from two weeks ago. He lets out a scream, becomes stiff and doesn't want to move, just stands. He quivers and shakes and this lasts for several minutes. If I pick him up he screams. Once it starts to release he starts to pant. He has had an episode the last 2 days now.
I don't know how old he is. I have him only on Iverhart Plus. He has had 3 since I rescued him.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.
In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient.
Does he jump up on things?
How is he with stairs?
Can you describe how you are picking him up?
Why do you pick him up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I assumed my question was being sent to and would be answered by the emergency room veterinarian I was shown a picture of on the previous page. This didn't happen. Where did he go? So from this point, I wish not to pay.
JaCustomer,
Your question went to a section where non vet experts whose experience has been verified are allowed to answer questions. I do know the likely cause for your dog's behavior but if you only want a vet, then let me know and I'll opt out and see if a VET expert wants to answer your question.