Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My 4 year-old terrier mix has vomited two nights in a row.

Customer Question

My 4 year-old terrier mix has vomited two nights in a row. It seems to be 3-5 hours after he eats dinner. The vomit seems to be a mix of partially digested kibble (his food). Prior to the past 24 hours, he has not vomited since he was a puppy. Tonight, there were what look like white, thin, rubbery pieces in the vomit -- he does not have access to any food except his kibble so I have no idea what those are. He does not seem to be in any pain, and his stomach is not hard to the touch or anything abnormal.
Do I need to be concerned? Is there anything I should do tonight?
He seems pretty normal, is cuddled up sleeping right now as he normally would be.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please help ASAP!
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
Is he the kind of dog that would eat non-edible items?
Are his gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?
If you press on his belly, does he have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?