Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

My dog is about 10 years old. He threw up twice - carrots.

Customer Question

My dog is about 10 years old. He threw up twice - carrots. Now he's shivering.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.

Hello there. I am very sorry to hear Rocky's tummy is upset. I am happy to help you this evening. I would withhold food from him this evening but allow him to have small amounts of water every once in a while to keep him hydrated. Also you can give him pepto-bismol at a dose of 1 teaspoon per 15 lbs of body weight by mouth every 8 hours. This will coat his tummy and help settle everything down and help him feel better hopefully. Tomorrow I would offer a small amount of food and see how he does and how he feels. If he continues to vomit or doesn't want to eat or acts like he still doesn't feel better then have him seen by your vet to make sure nothing else more serious is going on and to get him feeling better. But hopefully tonight resting his belly and giving him some pepto will help him feel much better. He is most likely shivering from an upset tummy and just not feeling well.

I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** I will try what you suggested.

You are very welcome. I hope he feel better very soon! Please do not hesitate to ask if you have further questions or concerns and please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. thank you!