Candy
Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer
23185754

Candy, my 10 year old female golden retriever was on a short

Customer Question

HI Candy, my 10 year old female golden retriever was on a short walk with me yesterday and was walking slower than usual. At the end of the walk her right rear leg appeared to go out on her and she did not want to put any pressure on that leg. We took her home in our truck and watched her. She is able to get up on her own but we can see that she struggles and does not have her normal, high energy personality. She is eating and pooping normally. We have her in an Air conditioned home, but the temperatures for the past several weeks have been in the high 90's/100s so she has also been panting more than usual for over a week.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Candy replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am sorry to hear that your dog has you worried. I would be happy to help I just have a few questions so I can better assist you.

Is the panting an all the time thing?

How is her weight?

When was she last seen by a vet for a senior exam and blood work?

What color are her gums?

Any coughing?

Is she walking on the leg normally or is she limping, holding the leg up etc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, she is not panting all of the time , but a lot more than usual.She is a little overweight but has been healthy and active her whole lifeShe has not had a senior exam or blood work as this is the first sign that she is having any issuesHer gums are her normal color, pinkNo, I have not heard any coughing from herNo, she is not walking normally, she can take one or two steps than limps a little and then if she is up for any period of time she will start to hold the leg up. I also am noticing right now she is having a little issue with getting comfortable, laying and sitting is not easy but once she finds a nice position, she lays down and rests
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get my response?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello are you still helping me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am filing a formal claim against this business as you have charged me $19 and I have received no information
Expert:  Candy replied 1 year ago.

I apologize we are having some storms and I lost internet for a few minutes. It just came back up would you still like me to help you or would you like me to process a refund for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please provide a refund
Expert:  Candy replied 1 year ago.

No problem I will have them process that for you. Again I apologize and I wish you and your dog the best.