Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

T is on a side middle rib, on s right side, centered, not

Customer Question

t is on a side middle rib, on his right side, centered, not close to the abdomen, not close to the spine, in the middle, lengthwise. When I feel over it, it feels soft mass, like tissue or a tendon, going across under my finger, but I am not pressing hard. The swelling was visible,now reduced He is as usual in his routine and never whines when the area is massaged, just had his glans and ear and nails trimmed, he is top condition, very muscular. No change in skin texture or color. But, perhaps the swelling, if measured would be only between 1/2 to 1/4 inch oval shape, and maybe half inch diameter. he is 5.5 yrs and very agile and energetic
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/pet-dog/1usrq-dog-swelling-rib-you-it-feel.html#ixzz3j8klFL00
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Dr. Deb.
I recently came online and see that your question about your dog hasn't been answered. I'm so sorry that you've had to wait for a response, but if you still need assistance, I'd like to help if I can.
I do have a few questions to ask first, if you don't mind:
1. Just to be clear, the question you referenced isn't your dog, correct, or is it?
Just that the mass appears to be in the same location?
2. If the other question isn't about your dog, how long has the mass been present?
Since it looks as if you are currently offline, there may be a delay after I receive your answers since I have to type up a response to you and I may be offline at the time you respond. But I'll get back to you as soon as I can since I'm on the computer some part of every day.
Thanks for your patience. Deb