Jessica Gamauf
Jessica Gamauf,
Experience:  Associate veterinarian at Wynn Haven Animal Hospital
84113422

My ten year old chihuahua had 35 bladder stones removed

Customer Question

My ten year old chihuahua had 35 bladder stones removed (they had to cut open the bladder to get them out). He is 6 months post op and utterly refuses to drink water. He is on the Royal Canin Urinary SO moderate calorie wet food. I put water in with the food, so he has to drink it to get to the food. My other problem is that he urinates in the house now. Doesn't squat or lift his leg- urine just comes out. It is straining our relationship to say the least. He never did this before. He weighs 7.5 lbs. Any suggestions?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today.

How active is Sam?

Is he urinating a normal amount when he does go outside?

Is he currently on any medications?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is not on any meds. And yes, he urinates a lot. Are you a vet?
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.

I'm a certified veterinary technician. Would you like me to opt out and see if a vet picks this up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am at my wits end. I am not a rich woman and am still paying the 1700 bill for his surgery. If a vet cost more, than no, don't opt out. But I am ready to take either myself to the shelter or the dog. Does the vet cost more?
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.

No, it's the same price. Ill go ahead and opt out so we can see if a vet picks it up. Don't reply to me or you'll lock out other experts.

Expert:  Jessica Gamauf replied 1 year ago.

Hello there! I am not sure if you are still in need of assistance. I am a veterinarian and would be happy to see if I can help you out. Reply and let me know!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I didn't respond back right away. I had to take my dog to the vet. He has a massive amount of stones again, and making a decision to put him down. I have already been charged for an answer, even though I really didn't get one. If there is anything you can do to get that reversed, that would be a help to me, as I am on a limited income. Thank you