Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog has completely no fur on her tail from chewing...its

Customer Question

my dog has completely no fur on her tail from chewing...its very tender and smells like a dead animal
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Does the odor smell like pus or really like rot?
What does the skin look like? Red, inflamed, dark, black?
Any pustules, pimples, scabs, scaling, wounds, or is the skin peeling away?
Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it smells like rot,its completly bare skin now, alittle blood spots and looks like its getting a little pus
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,
Since this sounds like a possible case of necrosis, can you please take and post a photo of this for me to see what you are seeing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i dont know how to post
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where do i send it too
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please help me with coco
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
My apologies for the delay, as I had been called away to an emergency with one of my own patients. All you need to do with your photos is to post them either by using the paper clip icon on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.