Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst
Experience:  Former vol Vet Assistant.Breeder 18+ years Dog trainer / behaviorist
2361900

I am looking up symptoms that our dog has. She seems to have

Customer Question

I am looking up symptoms that our dog has. She seems to have caving in in the temporal area of her head. It wasn't overnight, but quick...a matter of a month or less...the vet told my daughter it was probably due to an ear infection and not to worry about it...but, it just doesn't look right. Should we be looking for another vet?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 1 year ago.
HiCustomer
My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.
It sounds like your dog has a myositis. This condition can start with a caving in appearance to the head of a dog.
http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_masticatory_myositis.html
http://www.vetspecialists.co.uk/06_Animal_Welfare/Neurology_Facts/Myositis.html
While you haven't mentioned any problem with your dog's jaw yet, it may be occurring or will occur in the near future. I would seek a second opinion if this was my dog. You can mention myositis and see what the second vet thinks about the sunken area. I would make sure it was not a vet in the same practice.
I hope this information is helpful to you. If you need more information or clarification, please reply and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. If you are satisfied, please take the opportunity to rate.