Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My minature is on the second week of not being able to hold

Customer Question

My minature is on the second week of not being able to hold anything on her stomach. She has been to the vet twice and has been tested for parasites and that has turned up negative. She has a temperature of 104, she has been able to keep down rice water and yogart with her medicines that have been prescribed by her vet. It just seems that she should be getting better by now.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear you are worried about Chloe. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.
Have any other tests been done, besides the test for parasites? Any blood tests, or Xrays?
What medication is she taking? I don't want to recommend something that is already being tried.
One of the things I would test for is pancreatitis. Being a miniature Schnauzer puts her at higher risk for pancreatitis than other breeds, and can cause vomiting and a fever.
Can she keep any liquids down, or does she even vomit water?