Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog got into a fight w another bigger dog. He has two

Customer Question

Hi my dog got into a fight w another bigger dog. He has two shallow puncture wounds of his ear inside at the hairline and one on the under side of his face under jawline. Both are not deep. I cleaned them w saline and applied anti bacterial cream. He is shaken and trembling but not limping and has no pain in his abdomen. But he is making a gurgling sound now as he sleeps. His nose was running profusely after the fight but not obviously now. His appetite is much less but he has eaten biscuits and chicken and drank some water. What other possible signs do I need to look out for? He is very sensitive around the head neck and shoulder area.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is also sleeping but not easily he is fighting sleep. What can I do to calm him?
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today. Just like an in person consult, I have some questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible...

When did this fight happen?

Did the bigger dog pick your dog up at all?

Can you tell me how long the fight happened?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi! The fight just happened a couple of hours before I wrote you. My dog was pinned down by the other dog which was a husky my dog is a mixed breed lab about 40 pounds in weight. He was not picked up or shaken just bitten on the head. I was there immediately and was pulling the other dog off mine. It took about 20 seconds no more. The other dog got in 3 to four bites but only one seemed to break the skin. He is sleeping now and doesn't seem to be in pain. His head and neck area are sensitive as is his chest front leg area. When I apply pressure there us no pain reaction just flinching if I touch near the ear. Hope this explains enough.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right after the fight he was able to walk on his on power and normally. At home he started having more of a reaction.
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the additional information. I really appreciate it.

How is Ralph doing this morning? Any improvement?