Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

My 4 year old yorkiepoo is eating and acting normal but her

Customer Question

My 4 year old yorkiepoo is eating and acting normal but her abdomen seems a little swollen was wondering if needed to be concernef
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.
The most common cause for a swollen abdomen in such a young dog is a worm load. Go to the pet store and give your girl Safegaurd which is an all around wormer. The other thing tat can cause this is heart disease and/or liver disease. Because of this, it is wise to have your vet run a blood panel to be sure that your sweet little girl does not have a congenital problem. If all of these are normal, it may be that she is just a bit overweight and this may be normal for your sweet girl.
Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****