Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I was just looking up sx's punctured lung and ruptured

Customer Question

I was just looking up sx's for a punctured lung and ruptured bladder in a dog. My son's dog fell off the back of his truck. He has taken him to a vet tonight who says he doesn't have any fractures, but they want to keep him overnight to r/o any complications. The dog has not voided since the accident (app 2 hours ago) They mentioned the possibility of a ruptured bladder and maybe a punctured lung (although he isn't having any dyspnea or act as if he is in pain when hr breathes. The charge will be 1300 dollars in addition to the 670 he has just paid and quite frankly he can't afford it. Neither can I or I would certainly let him have the money. I guess we will just watch him close tonight and if anything looks suspicious, we'll take him back.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want someone to tell me what to look for , and reassure me that this is the right decision to make.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I am so sorry to hear about your son's dog. I am also sorry you did not get help from an expert before now. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.
How is he today? Do you still need help with him?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get a refund?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I will send this to the moderators, and they will help you. You have only paid a deposit, and it will be returned to you.
How is the dog doing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He wont put any weight on his back legs. He is voiding though s nd he doesnt appear to have . Any resp problems. Thanks
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

Thank goodness he won't need surgery for a ruptured bladder. You should hear from the moderators about your refund.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome