Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog Bess is an 11-year old Labrador. She began panting

Customer Question

My dog Bess is an 11-year old Labrador bitch. She began panting excessively a couple of months ago. The vet said it was nothing to worry about as older dogs have more difficulty getting rid of heat. A couple of weeks ago she had a cough which the vet treated with antibiotics. This has stopped. Bess is now drinking (and peeing) excessively. She seems OK in herself and there are no signs she is in any pain. Any thoughts?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:
Can you confirm that she wasn't treated with any steroids?
Does her urine seem more dilute or watery then normal?
Is she passing larger volumes?
Any weight loss?
Any loss or gain of appetite?