Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

I'm worried about the sudden change to bright red gums in my

Customer Question

I'm worried about the sudden change to bright red gums in my 14 month old yorkie
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Veterinary Technician for 30+ years with special interest in Canine health.

When gums turn red all of a sudden in a dog or puppy, I suggest they be seen by a Vet for a hands on exam. The red gums can be an indication of a systemic infection in the body or it can also indicate being exposed to a toxic substance. Being a Yorkie Puppy and with the issues of a Puppy getting into unknown items, it is wise to have him seen asap for a hands on Exam. The Vet can run some blood work and check him thoroughly to make sure there is nothing going on.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Lisa Barnett. How is everything going?
Joan