Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Sally. It probably sounds silly but my dog is sleeping a lot

Customer Question

Hi Sally. It probably sounds silly but my dog is sleeping a lot and shows an unwillingness to go on long walks. She usually has a lot of energy but she tends to walk reluctantly. My dog walker who she has been with regularly for 3 years (ex vet nurse) has also noticed a significant change. I took her to the vet and they say her heart and lungs are fine... I am a bit worried. She also wakes up during the early hours, but not for anything in particular it seems. She is eating fine, her poo seems fine, and she has been on the same food brand since a pup - we have been very diligent in this and her routine. Any ideas?
Category: Dog
Expert:  petdrz. replied 1 year ago.
It appears that the expert you were requesting is not currently online. I'm a veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy to work with you, but need a bit more information in order to better assist you if you don't mind.
Can you tell me how old your dog is?
Did your vet perform any bloodwork on her?
Does she ever seem stiff when she rises from laying down?
Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.