Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

My dog nicked the tip of her ear. I keep putting neoprene on

Customer Question

My dog nicked the tip of her ear. I keep putting neoprene on it but after a little bit when she shakes her head it starts bleeding again
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I Have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with interest in canine health. Nancy is no longer with the site, so I would like to aid you. The ear is a tough area to stop bleeding because of head shaking. There are a couple of ways to help. Cornstarch and Flour will both sop the bleeding but you will have to wait with the Neosporin. Another treatment would be a men's shaving styptic pencil will stop the bleeding and then you can apply some Neosporin. The only draw back with the Styptic pencil is that it may sting a little when applied. The last option would be to run the dog to the Vet and see if he can use a cautery stick to see the area.

Please let me know if I have addressed your concerns. If I have not please hit reply and I will be happy to continue with you.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Celia Ruehle. How is everything going?
Joan