Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

Can my 14 week old boston terrier safely eat dreambone

Customer Question

Can my 14 week old boston terrier safely eat
dreambone chicken flavor chewing bones? she is 8lbs
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you today. The expert you originally asked for is not online. This means that the question was locked and no other experts could answer it for a specified amount of time until the lock was released. I am sorry for the delay.
to answer your question, Dream Bone's claim is that they are safer than raw hides, however that being said , anytime you give a dog a non food item you run the risk of an intestinal obstruction from a piece that is too big to pass through the intestinal tract.
Rule of thumb would be to watch your dog as it eats any non food item. If they take their time and chew off small pieces, then it is likely okay. If they swallow large pieces then it poses more of a danger.
For chewing needs and teeth and gum pain a kong stuffed with cream cheese and frozen or cooled in the fridge, makes a tasty toy while soothing the gums at the same time.