Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

We have a mini poodle 2 years old started itching and having

Customer Question

We have a mini poodle 2 years old started itching and having pimples on his chest now some more around his body he is always inside in air conditioning showered weekly got his shots in order and we shaved his chest to be able to clean the pimples now he scratch him self badly
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.

Hello there. I am sorry to hear about Tutu and his itchy skin. I am happy to help you this evening. These pimples are usually a secondary infection due to allergies that cause these bumps. The spray and medications you got are very helpful but will just take time to work. So continue to use those. Usually though if you do not see improvement with the medications in 24 hours that you already have then he should be started on oral antibiotics to help clear up his skin and really help stop the itching. The itching is usually not only due to irritation but to the infection itself. The topicals do provide some relief but the oral tablets do the best to provide relief for itching and again the oral antibiotics will help the most if you do not see improvement in 24 hours.

I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you prescribe it here?

No that is against the law. I do not have a patient doctor relationship with Tutu which requires a physical exam. So you will have to discuss this with your veterinarian to get it prescribed. I would call them tomorrow and discuss antibiotics to get a prescription.