Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dane, just now 1 yr old, has s hair falling out and bumpy

Customer Question

My dane, just now 1 yr old, has his hair falling out and bumpy skin, he rubs his face on the carpet until it bleeds!! I have been treating him for ringworm, (vet diagnosed) but it's not helping. I have washed all bedding and carpet plus treated my other dogs. Could it be something else?? Thanks!
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
What treatments have you actually used?
Are the bumps flesh colored or have white tops?
Where on his skin are these?
Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the wee paper clip on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on an alternative site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.