Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

Got puppy back from boarding days and she started whining

Customer Question

Got puppy back from boarding for 3 days and she started whining when peeing so thought uti but then she just whines only sometimes when peeing now this morning hasnt whined while peeing
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello , the expert you asked for is no longer in the dog category. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you today. To be on the safe side it would not hurt to get a first of the morning specimen and bring it in to your vet for testing. Though there could be a UTI which is relatively easy to take care of , there could also be stones in the bladder. IF this is the case it may hurt when it moves. A sample of urine can determine if there is a possible problem with stones. Also keep an eye on her when peeing or having a bowel movment, If when having a bowel movement she does not stay still in one place but tries to move forward as she goes then this can be an indication of a bone/joint problem. IF she was in a crate through most of her boarding then she would become stiff in the joints. Movement over time actually helps with joint pain which may be why see seemed better after a day or two.
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
All of the above being said , after a little research of this breed I see they are prone to Degenerative myelopathy which would affect the back legs. Here is a link on this. http://www.petplace.com/article/dogs/diseases-conditions-of-dogs/brain-spinal-cord-nerves/degenerative-myelopathy I am not trying to scare you at all, I just like to get all the information I can.
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Sasha. How is everything going?

Sally G.