Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

I,caught my dog chewing on a disposed clorox refill wand pad

Customer Question

I,caught my dog chewing on a disposed clorox refill wand pad se seems ok,it was already used
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
Have you seen any drooling, vomiting, or appetite loss?
Any blisters, sores, or increased redness on her gums, tongue or on the roof of the mouth?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No drooling or vomitting seems a little more thirsty cant tell about lost sppetite might be alittle no blisters
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,
I am very glad that you did not see those signs. Those are commonly seen shortly after exposure to the contents of these wands. If we had seen that (just so you know if this ever happens again), we want to rinse the mouth with cool water and offer milk to neutralize the chemicals. Otherwise, we can see blistering and causing burns to the mouth/throat/stomach.
In this case, I suspect that is not an issue but I would advise keeping an eye on her mouth and how well she eats over the next 24 hours. If she is fussy, you can feed small frequent meals of a light diet- like rice with chicken or cottage cheese or scrambled egg. If we don't see anything over that monitoring period, then we'd expect that she didn't get any of the this in her mouth. Of course, any of those signs or discomfort at all and we'd want to plan to have a check with her vet.
Please take care,
Dr. B.