Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My Standard Poodle is 46 pounds. Is 1 tea spoon of Emetrol

Customer Question

My Standard Poodle is 46 pounds. Is 1 tea spoon of Emetrol safe to give to him?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thanks for requesting me.My name is***** I am an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon and I will be very pleased to work with you today and will try my best to answer your question to your satisfaction. While emetrol is licensed for use in the person and not the canine it has been and can be used in the dog. It contains Dextrose/Fructose/Phosphoric Acid as the solution, none of these ingredients are unlikely to harm your dog. It is used to treating nausea and vomiting.Three teaspoons twice a day would be a reasonable dose for a standard Poodle.If the condition does not resolve you should of course seek hands on veterinary care.I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you. Regards, ***** ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hi Sibylle,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Buddy. How is everything going?