Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Im fostering a siberian huskey. Now she has gone into heat.

Customer Question

im fostering a siberian huskey. Now she has gone into heat. She howls alot and i dont know how to calm her.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Thanks for writing in. It is difficult when they are in heat to control this behavior. It is just a natural response for them. I would check to make sure there are no intact male dogs anywhere close to you. She may be responding to that. I would also try getting some DAP (dog appeasing pheromone). It can help to relieve anxiety in these situation. I would also try a Thunder Shirt. It wraps snug around them, which can help with anxiety as well. You can also try a natural product called Rescue Remedy. You may be able to find it at your nearest pet store. You can definitely find it online. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.
Hi Diane,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Luna. How is everything going?

Dr. John