Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

I have westie 4 years old and i just notice i has a swollen

Customer Question

Hi i have westie 4 years old and i just notice i has a swollen testicle and is dark color but is not unconfortable and doesnt seem to be in pain
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for requesting me, Just to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next fifteen minutes or so.We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }Regards,Dr Scott
Hello again and thanks for waiting. I have worked out an answer for you below ... 1. Hopefully this is something very minor in your case, but I would be a little bit concerned about cancer of the testicles in dogs which present like that, while this would be very rare in a dog of four years of age this still remains a possibility. Other causes of swollen testicles I have encountered include trauma, infection and inguinal hernias. 2. While it is encouraging that he seems otherwise normal at present if the swelling does not start to go down over the next few days then your best way forward would be to have a vet check him over just to be on the safe side. There is little you can hope to do on a home remedy basis I am afraid ... I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you. Regards, ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hello again,
I am just checking back in to see how your Westie is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning his swollen testicle
How are things going?
Regards,
Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you { Using the site rating system }, such feedback really helps me maintain the quality of my answers.