petdrz.
petdrz., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in caring for dogs and cats.
21300550

My miniature pinscher is scooting. the vet (last Saturday) express the glands, put a s

Customer Question

Hi, my miniature pinscher is scooting. the vet (last Saturday) express the glands, put a shot of B12 and a shot of Depomedrol. Found fleas so they gave Adv. II. Still scooting. i noticed now his anus upper right side swollen. thank you
Category: Dog
Expert:  petdrz. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you. If you are noticing a swelling, you should definitely have him re-examined by your vet. Eve if he just had the anal glands emptied, he may be developing an infection or an impaction and if so, if they can get him on the proper medication, it will hopefully avoid an abscess. In the meantime, I would try alternating warm and cool compresses on the rectal area to help offer relief and decrease inflammation. If he will allow a warm water and epsom salt soak of the hindquarters may help as well. I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.Dr Z