Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dog swallowed half of a time release pill testosterone herbal

Customer Question

My dog swallowed half of a time release pill testosterone herbal supplement I was able to get the other half out of his mouth
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am afraid that the expert you have requested is not currently available. Still I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. What was the active ingredients in this supplement?If he had half, how many milligrams did he have? How long ago? How much does Winkerbee weigh?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The label is very difficult to read but one of the ingredients is ginkgo. He swallowed that third of a pill at about 630. About an hour ago he had a bowel movement. I could not tell if it had passed. Winkerbee is 8 pounds. Currently I don't see any strange reactions. Since a dog's digestive system is so fast, is there a chance that he passed it.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, Do you know the brand, so I can check that there is nothing toxic here? How many hours ago was that, as we are not likely in the same time zone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Each pill is 45 mg so approximately 15 mg or 10 mg
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,Just in case you didn't see those additional questions (since dogs do not metabolize most medications any faster then people):Do you know the brand, so I can check that there is nothing toxic here?How many hours ago was that, as we are not likely in the same time zone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
615 CST The brand is six star testosterone booster it's from the makers of muscle tech
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has had a bowel movement since that time
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** have a wee check on those doses here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The pill is 45 mg. He likely swallowed 10 to 15 mg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By 1015 it will be four hours ago
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,Now I have reviewed the contents in that brand and we can both breathe a wee sigh of relief. Both the gingko and rhodiola levels re low enough that we'd not expect any harm. If anything we could see the rhodiola cause a drop in his blood pressure (so he could be lethargic or wobbly). But otherwise, we'd expect this to pass through his system with little adverse effect. And if it has been 4 hours, we'd expect any signs to already be appearing here.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Therefore, we'd not be worried here. We could administer activated charcoal (from your local pharmacy @ a dose of 1-4 grams per pound of his weight) but this isn't likely to be necessary for Winkerbee. Instead, we'd just monitor and keep things calm for the next day. As long as he doesn't show those signs I noted, we would expect him to settle and have no long term issue from this. I hope this information is helpful.If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!All the best,Dr. B.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )