Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I am trying to view the Thuja dosage question. I have a 14lb

Customer Question

I am trying to view the Thuja dosage question. I have a 14lb Tibetan Spaniel who recently got warts on his lip. It looks like a textbook case of papilloma. I have purchased the 30c drops
Category: Dog
Expert:  Candy replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I would be happy to assist you today The dose for Thuja for treating the Papillomia virus in a 14lb dog would be 60c placed on the tongue as a one time treatment. This can be repeated once weekly if they do not clear after the first treatment. It is important to note that this does not work for all dogs and other treatment may become necessary especially if they seem painful or interfere with eating . I hope this helps. Please reply back if you have additional questions and I will be more then happy to continue. Once all of your questions have been answered please take a few moments to provide a rating so that I am compensated by justanswer for assisting you today.Candy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
60c would be 12teaspoons? This is to be administered in one dosage? I might have a problem if he doesn't like the taste of the Thuja drops. He will probably try to spit the liquid out if I do it in one shot. Is there a way to do this a few medicine droppers at a time ideally with his treat between the droppers ?
Expert:  Candy replied 1 year ago.
So the concentration you got is 30c=6 teaspoons? Is there anyway you could get the 30c tablets/pellets then you would only need to crush 2 pellets and give that.
Expert:  Candy replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me exactly what product you have so I can look at the concentration?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thuja occidentalis 30c in a 1Fl oz (30ML)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
http://www.onlynaturalpet.com/products/Newton-Homeopathics-Thuja/161016.aspx is the link to the product
Expert:  Candy replied 1 year ago.
OK thank you we normally deal with the pellets so I called my vet real quick just to be sure. At this dilution the dose would be 20 drops on or under the tongue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got it thank you. I understand that I am to do this in one session. And may I use treats to "help the process"?
Expert:  Candy replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome. Yes you would want to give this all at once. You can use treats BUT you do not want to dilute or add it to the treats. We want it to absorb via the mucus membranes. You can pre measure the amount on to a spoon and just open her mouth and pour it in and then give her a treat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Understood thank you again.
Expert:  Candy replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome.