Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

I have had a repetitive skin problem in my pit its happened o

Customer Question

i have had a repetitive skin problem in my pit bull its happened over the two years of his life i comb him for fleas don't get any but on the comb its greasy and flakes of skin he has barely eaten or drank water sometimes nose is dry but not always he also has bump on his underside and i did notice a lil puss on the hole of his penis
and his urine is quite dark yellow and smelly
I did put a lil plain pedalite in his water
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. The original expert you asked for is no longer with the company. My name is ***** ***** I have been working with dogs for 25 years. I am sorry that you had to wait so long for an answer.
Because of the dark urine and blood you may be looking at a urinary tract infection in which case you will need to bring a sample of urine to your vet for testing. Only an antibiotic will cure a bacterial infection and only your vet can prescribe antibiotics.
Another cause for blood would be bladder stones which can also cause a secondary bacterial infection.
As for the skin problem this could be bacterial as well if you are seeing pus. However skin problems can range from bacterial, yeast or fungal in nature so a skin scraping has to be done by your vet as each will require different treatments. This can be done right in the office and you will have an answer before you leave.
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Sally G.